Depression Sign & Symptom - Anxiety, Clinical, Bipolar and Manic Depression Symptoms
Here are some sign and symptoms of Anxiety, Clinical, Bipolar and Manic Depression Symptoms.
It is not always easy to diagnose depression clinically. The most striking symptoms of depression are feelings of acute sense of loss and inexplicable sadness, loss of energy and loss of interest. The patient usually feels tired and lacks interest in the world around him. Sleep disturbance is frequent. Usually the patient wakes up depressed at 4 or 5 in the morning and is unable to return to sleep. Other disturbed sleep patterns are difficulty in getting off to sleep on going to bed at night, nightmares and repeated waking from midnight onwards. The patient often suffers from guilt, oppressive feelings and self-absorption.
Other symptoms of depression are : loss of appetite, gidiness, itching, nausea, agitation, irritability, impotence or frigidity, constipation, aches and pains all over the body, lack of concentration and lack of power of decision. Some persons may lose interest in eating and suffer from rapid loss of weight while others may resort to frequent eating and as a result gain in weight.
Cases of severe depression may be characterized by low body temperature, low blood pressure, hot flushes and shivering. The external manifestations represent a cry for help from the tormented mind of the depressed persons. The severely depressed patient feels worthless and is finally convinced that he himself is responsible for his undoing and his present state of hopeless despair. It used to be that these cries went unnoticed for quite sometime, which is tremendously detrimental to the mental health of a depressed individual.
Other Symptom of Depression
- Depressed mood observed by self or others
- Increased irritability
- Lowered sex drive
- Diminished interest in daily activities
- Strong anxiety
- Lack of pleasure in daily activities
- Loss of ability to laugh and experience joy in your daily life
- Stronger or diminished appetite resulting in weight loss or gain
- Insomnia or hypersomnia (oversleeping) on a regular basis
- Feeling slowed down in your ability to think or physically move
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Excessive and inappropriate amounts of guilt
- Diminished ability to focus or concentrate
- Thoughts of death
- Thoughts of suicide
- Plan for suicide
- Suicide attempt
Here are some sign and symptoms of Anxiety Depression Symptoms:
- abdominal discomfort
- dry mouth
- rapid heartbeat or palpitations
- tightness or pain in chest
- shortness of breath
- frequent urination
- difficulty swallowing
Here are some sign and symptoms of Clinical Depression Symptoms:
- reduced appetite and weight loss or increased appetite and weight gain
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that you once enjoyed
- Restlessness or irritability
- headaches, chronic pain, or digestive disorders
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Feelings of guilt, hopelessness or worthlessness
Manic Depression Symptom
- Persistently sad, anxious, or "empty" mood.
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism.
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness.
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex.
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping.
- Decreased appetite and/or weight loss, or overeating and weight gain.
- Fatigue, decreased energy, being "slowed down."
- Thoughts of death or suicide, suicide attempts.
- Restlessness, irritability.
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions.
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain.