Accolate Tablet Medication Information-
Accolate Medicine Definition
Generic name: Zafirlukast
What is Accolate and for what Accolate is used?
Accolate is a nonsteroidal tablet intended for the prevention and continuous treatment of asthma in children and adults.Accolate helps to reduce asthma symptoms, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, or chest tightness and control your asthma. It works only when used on a regular basis to help reduce inflammation and prevent asthma attacks.
How to Take Accolate
Take Accolate exactly as prescribed by health care provider.
Swallow the capsules with a drink of water. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your prescriber's advice.
Stopping the medicine suddenly may cause your seizures to return or to occur more often. Do not take the medication with food. Allow at least 1 hour to pass before eating, or wait for 2 hours after a meal.
What are the Side Effects of Accolate -
Like other medicines,
Accolate can cause side effects.
Some of the more common side effects of Accolate include
Side effects of Accolate Drug that usually do not require medical attention (report to your prescriber or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- abdominal pain
- allergic reactions (hives; swelling of the lips, tongue, face, arms, and legs; rash)
- back pain
- dizziness, fever
- joint pain, muscle aches
- vomiting, weakness
Accolate intraction with other drugs:
Tell your prescriber or health care professional: about all other medicines you are taking including non-prescription medicines; if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol; if you smoke; or if you use illegal drugs. These can affect the way your medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or starting any of your medicines.
Warnings and precautions before taking Accolate :
- Accolate capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful side effects to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications along with Accolate.
- Breast Feeding - Mothers who are taking Accolate and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Accolate. Alcohol may increase drowsiness caused by Accolate. It may also increase the risk of seizures.
- If you have been taking an oral steroid drug and your doctor does decide to cut back the dosage, there is a remote chance that complications will follow. Inform your doctor of any new symptoms.
- The safety and efficay of this medicine have not been studied in children and adolescents, hence it is not recommended for use in these age groups.
What if Overdose of Accolate ?
If you think you or anyone else taken overdose of Accolate, immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately.
You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Accolate?
If you miss a dose of Accolate medicine and you remember within an hour or so, take the dose immediately. If you do not remember until later, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Accolate:
Accolate should be stored below 86°F (30°C) in a tight, light resistant container. Keep the medication away from the children.
Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.