Generic Name: Paroxetine (pa-ROX-e-teen)
Brand Name: Paxil
What is Aropax and for what Aropax is used?
Aropax (paroxetine) belongs to the group of antidepressants known as Selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors. Aropax is available in Australia, and is available in America as Paxil.
Aropax is also often prescribed for panic disorder and OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).
How to Take Aropax
Take Aropax exactly as prescribed by health care provider.
Swallow the capsules with a drink of water. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your prescriber's advice.
What are the Side Effects of Aropax -
Like other medicines,
Aropax can cause side effects.
Some of the more common side effects of Aropax include
- dry mouth
- blurred vision
- difficulty passing urine
Aropax intraction with other drugs:
Tell your prescriber or health care professional: about all other medicines you are taking including non-prescription medicines; if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol; if you smoke; or if you use illegal drugs. These can affect the way your medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or starting any of your medicines. It is important that you let your doctor know about any other medication you are taking, or condition you may have, so that they can consider this when prescribing antidepressants for you.
Warnings and precautions before taking Aropax :
- Aropax capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful side effects to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications along with Aropax .
- It is important that you let your doctor know about any other medication you are taking, or condition you may have, so that they can consider this when prescribing antidepressants for you.
- Breast Feeding - Mothers who are taking Aropax and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Aropax . Alcohol may increase drowsiness caused by Aropax . It may also increase the risk of seizures.
- Plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Paroxetine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking paroxetine.
- The safety and efficay of this medicine have not been studied in children and adolescents, hence it is not recommended for use in these age groups.
What if Overdose of Aropax ?
If you think you or anyone else taken overdose of Aropax , immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately.
You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Aropax ?
If you miss a dose of Aropax medicine and you remember within an hour or so, take the dose immediately. If you do not remember until later, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Aropax :
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date. Keep the medication away from the children.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.